PUTTING SCIENCE, HEALTH, & TECHNOLOGY AT THE FOREFRONT OF AMERICAN POLITICS
TRANSHUMANIST PARTY IN THE MEDIA
|Copyright 2014-2016 www.transhumanistparty.org email@example.com
Transhumanist Party™ is a legal trademark; all services and products of Transhumanist Party are protected under law
We have various volunteer positions
open, and we are needing more help
all the time. Volunteer with us!
Thank you for considering to donate to
the Transhumanist Party, a nonprofit
Join us and help support putting science,
health, and technology at the forefront of
Read More >>
The Transhumanist Party and Zoltan Istvan's US Presidential campaign aspires to be politically-centric. It aims
to support voters with future-inspired policies that will enrich America and the world. We believe science and
technology can solve most of the world's problems. Many of the party's core ideas and goals—as well as those
of Zoltan Istvan's—campaign can be read in the founding party article in The Huffington Post or this Op-Ed in
Here's the more detailed platform below:
1) Implement a Transhumanist Bill of Rights advocating for government support of longer lifespans via science
and technology. Lay groundwork for rights for other future advanced sapient beings like conscious robots and
2) Spread a pro-science culture by emphasizing reason and secular values
3) Create stronger government awareness and policies to protect against existential risk (including artificial
intelligence, plagues, asteroids, climate change, and nuclear warfare and disaster)
4) Reduce the size and cost of the government by streamlining operations with new technology
5) Implement policy for the phasing out of all individual taxes based on robots taking most jobs in the next 25
years. Advocate for a flat tax until we reach that point.
6) Advocate for morphological freedom (the right to do anything to your body so long as it doesn't harm
others). Defend genetic editing and other radical science that can transform health care.
7) Advocate for partial direct digital democracy using available new technologies.
8) End costly drug war and legalize all drugs
9) Create government where all politician’s original professions are represented equally (the government
should not be run by 40% lawyers when lawyers represent less than 10% of the country’s jobs). Create
government where women run half of country too.
10) Significantly lessen massive incarcerated population in America by using innovative technologies to
monitor criminals outside of prison. Spend saved money on education.
11) Strongly emphasize and create radical green tech solutions to make planet healthier
12) Because most jobs will be lost to robots and software in the next 30 years, support and draft logistics for a
Universal Basic Income for every American (taking care to devise a plan that does not enlarge the
government). A properly set up UBI could eliminate welfare, social security, and dozens of other major
13) Dramatically enlarge US space exploration agenda with increased government and private resources
14) Develop international consortium to create a "Transhumanist Olympics"
15) Encourage private industry to develop and support usage of a trauma alert implants or technology that
notifies emergency crews of extreme trauma (this will significantly reduce domestic violence, crime, and
tragedy in America)
16) Work to use science and technology to be able to eliminate all disabilities in humans who have them
17) Insist on campaign finance reform, limit lobbyist’s power, and include 3rd political parties in government
18) Provide free public education at every level; advocate for mandatory college education and preschool in
the age of far longer lifespans
19) Advocate for a more open and fair immigration policy, taking care to use technologies to help this.
20) Create a scientific and educational industrial complex in America instead of a military industrial complex.
Spend money on wars against cancer, heart disease, and diabetes—not on wars in far-off countries